Thursday, November 4, 2010

Getting started

I've been doing a lot of reading online lately, and also doing a lot of waiting for all the thoughts and ideas I've liked from what I've read to finish percolating through my brain! I started this blog because I thought, like others have before me, that I have something worth writing about, something that others might enjoy reading about. Now I just need to find the follow-through to keep on writing, and writing regularly.

With my gardening winding down for the year, I'm hoping to find time to figure out how to fit blogging into my routine, and to figure out the direction I want this blog to go in. Obviously the gardening will be central, and likely motherhood, but then I find myself coming up with all these other options: back-to-the-land-ing, small-scale farming, dogs, do-it-yourself, home renovations, naturalist-y things, etc. Then I start to feel overwhelmed, and I stop in my tracks.

What I've decided is I need to start with one or two things, and I can add on from there as time, interest, and motivation allows! Gardening it is (for now at least!).

So since I've already stated that the gardening is winding down for the year (not entirely true, there are always plants indoors, fall clean-up, and planning for next year's garden, but those can all be later topics), I should have lots of time in the coming winter months to write about gardening and get prepared for the busy summer gardening season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...